Nurse Case Manager General Description:
This is a home-based RN position that services a caseload of clients living in the community within the territory based on the nurse's home address. This is a full-time position offering great salary and benefits! Prior home care work experience required.
The RN Case Manager - Home Health ensures client-centered, quality, effective services and supports for helping individuals achieve and maintain overall health and well-being, and independence with self-care. Clients and families are supported by informed decision-making for achieving client-centered outcomes.
The RN Case Manager role includes providing skilled nurse home visits per the physician’s orders and under the direction of the RN Nurse Manager.
Nurse Case Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Client and family education, assessment, care planning, coordination of care, supervision of home health services and care transitions, timely documentation, and communication/liaison with other health care and community providers.
- The RN Case Manager is a professional role model and a mentor for staff, who applies critical thinking, problem-solving, and effective communication skills to assure the delivery of quality services.
Nurse Case Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred, accompanied by a minimum of 1-year nursing experience working in a home care and skilled nursing facility. (Prior RN Case Management experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.).
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota.
- Effective verbal and written communication, assessment, care planning, teaching, clinical, and disease management skills.
- Knowledge of nursing care for older adults and persons with chronic/acute conditions.
- Skilled with INRs, wounds, blood draws, falls prevention, psychosocial issues, IVs.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate leadership skills for directing care activities of LPN/unlicensed professional staff.
- Effective organizational, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with health care programs, and community resources.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use an electronic health record system.
- Ability to comply with privacy and HIPAA laws.
- Must pass a background study with the Minnesota Department of Human Services. Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation to use for work driving purposes.
- Knowledge of home health care requirements, regulations, and protocols preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $82,000.00 /year