Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) - L&D, Mother/Baby Unit to work at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, North Carolina. providing care to Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees. The Registered Nurse (RN) L&D, Mother/Baby Unit is full-time position, 80 hrs/2 weeks, night shifts, Sunday - Saturday, including holidays. Shifts for the Registered Nurse (RN) L&D, Mother/Baby Unit shall normally be 12 1/2-hour shifts according to the 2-week rotation schedule. One week will comprise of three 12 ½-hour shifts and one 8 ½-hour shift; and the other week will comprise of three 12 ½-hour shifts. The services shall be provided Sunday through Saturday including holidays. The twelve and a half hour shifts run 1900 to 0730. Each shift includes a ½-hour uncompensated meal break.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - L&D, MOTHER/BABY UNIT:
- Perform services within the scope of their competencies and the general duties of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform monitoring of 500 to 950 triage patients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, spontaneous rupture of membrane check, labor check, prolonged monitoring, rule out pre-term labor, decreased fetal movement, and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
- Perform monitoring of 210 inpatients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, vital signs and assessment q15-60min and labor checks/cervical exams.
- Provide management of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension patients.
- Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, Magnesium Sulfate, antibiotics and insulin).
- Perform lab draws.
- Provide pain management (monitor patient status on continuous laboring epidurals, intravenous narcotics, and emotional support).
- Assist the provider with inductions.
- Perform vaginal delivery procedures (pushing, delivery, recovery, etc.); assist the provider with operative vaginal delivery procedures.
- Perform procedures for transition of normal newborn (NRP as needed, bath, shots, assessment, breastfeeding assistance).
- Provide stabilization for transport of high-risk patients.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - L&D, MOTHER/BABY UNIT:
- Possess a minimum of one year experience in the past five years in a Labor and Delivery Unit.
- Possess and maintain a current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification.
- Possess and maintain a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Degree: Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the healthcare worker may be a graduate from a state board of nursing or accredited nursing program.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive pay ($84k/yr.)
• 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability