Currently recruiting a Psychiatric Technician to work in the Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program at Naval Health Clinic Cherry Point, Havelock, North Carolina, providing care to America's Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees. Psychiatric Technician is full-time, Mon - Fri between the hours Mon - Fri, between 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM. An alternate work schedule may be authorized upon mutual agreement of the clinic and the candidate.
DUTIES OF THE PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN:
- Conduct or assist in treatment and rehabilitation of patients. Perform initial basic assessment procedures including standardized psychological testing, clinical interviewing, mental status examinations, substance abuse evaluations, and psychosocial and nursing assessments.
- Observe, monitor, record, and report patients progress.
- Conductor assist in conducting group in an individual counseling, therapeutic community, and other related milieu activities.
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injury or suicide.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Coordinate with other agencies regarding specified care, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and administrative functions. Contact military and community agencies to obtain collateral information.
- Explain and interpret mental health services to patients or others.
- Assist in, or arrange patient referral to public, private, and military community agencies.
- Assist with care of individuals experiencing acute and post-traumatic stress reactions.
- Prepare and maintain treatment records.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN:.
- Possess one of the following:
- Certification by the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians, OR
- Evidence of completion of Military Psychiatric Technician Training, OR
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or Social Work
- Possess a minimum of 1 year full-time experience within the preceding 2 years as a Psychiatric Technician or Mental Health Technician in a psychiatric setting.
- Shall maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the Military Training Network. Web-based training that does not include hands-on training is not acceptable.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability