Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager to work the Directorate of Healthcare Operations (DHO) at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland. Full-time, Monday - Friday between 7:00AM and 4:30PM.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE CASE MANAGER (RN) INCLUDE:
- Provide professional case management services at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC)
- Function as a member of a multidisciplinary team to meet individual and family comprehensive health needs. Duties involve planning, coordinating, facilitating, and evaluating health care, serving as an advocate for patient options and services.
- Utilize communication and available resources to promote quality and cost-effective outcomes, across the continuum of care.
- Serves as a clinical case manager and patient advocate, providing advanced practice clinical, administrative, and organizational skills in managing the continuity, access, and provision of care services for complex and defined patients, to include catastrophic and end-of-life patient populations.
- Responsible for identification and management of patients with targeted, high risk and high cost diagnoses.
- Independently perform difficult and complex assessment, review, coordination, planning, monitoring, evaluation and analysis of cases.
- Screen potential case management clients, following identification for appropriateness/benefit of case management services. Interviews and provides individual counseling, as needed.
- Address services needed to optimize current health, psycho-social, spiritual status, and benefits of case management services.
- As required, enter approved metrics, patient data, and clinical progress notes into a prescribed database.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE CASE MANAGER (RN):
- Degree: Minimum Associate Degree of Nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Experience: (a) Referral Management/Utilization Management (RM/UM) experience. (b) Clinical subspecialty experience in Behavioral Health (2-5 years current experience). (c) Knowledge of sources for patient care data. Examples are: medical records via ESSENTRIS and CHCS, 24 hour nursing reports, logs, consults and computerized data, RMS.
- Certification: Possess one of the following certifications:
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S).
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- One year of experience in RN Case Management after graduation.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Current certification in one of the following: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive pay
• 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance offsets the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability