Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) - L&D to work in the Labor & Delivery Unit at Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, California, to provide care to Active Duty heroes, their family members, and retirees. Registered Nurse (RN) - L&D shall normally provide services for 12 ½-hour shifts and will be assigned shifts according to the following rotation during each 2-week period: One week will comprise of three 12 ½-hour shifts and one 8 ½-hour shift; and the other week will comprise of three 12 ½-hour shifts. The Registered Nurse (RN) - L&D shall provide services Sunday through Saturday including holidays. The 12 ½-hour shifts run 0700 to 1930 or 1900 to 0730. Each shift includes a ½-hour uncompensated meal break. In no instance will a Registered Nurse be required to provide services in excess of 80 paid hours per 2-week period.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - L&D:
• Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians’ orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
• Perform monitoring of 500 to 950 triage patients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, spontaneous rupture of membrane check, labor check, prolonged monitoring, rule out pre-term labor, decreased fetal movement, and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
• Perform monitoring of 210 inpatients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, vital signs and assessment q15-60min and labor checks/cervical exams.
• Provide management of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension patients.
• Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, Magnesium Sulfate, antibiotics and insulin).
• Perform lab draws.
• Provide pain management (monitor patient status on continuous laboring epidurals, intravenous narcotics, and emotional support).
• Assist the provider with inductions (cervical ripening, artificial rupture of membranes, Pitocin).
• Perform vaginal delivery procedures (pushing, delivery, recovery).
• Assist the provider with operative vaginal delivery procedures (vacuum, forceps).
• Perform pre-op for c-sections (shave-prep, foley, intravenous bolus, emotional support).
• Perform procedures for transition of normal newborn (NRP as needed, bath, shots, assessment, breastfeeding assistance).
• Provide stabilization for transport of high-risk patients. (Magnesium Sulfate, dexamethasone, antibiotics, emotional support)
• Provide patient/family teaching.
• Support C-section deliveries as circulating nurse in the OR.
• Provide post anesthesia care for patients who have received epidural, spinal or general anesthesia.
• Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and
Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - L&D:
• Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
• Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for
Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
• Possess a minimum of three years of experience in the past four years in a Labor and
• Possess current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification..
• Documentation of Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring training.
• Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of
the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
• Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive pay
• 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term
disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare
services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women
who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and
give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and
serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability