Home Care Nurse Overview:
- The Home Care Nurse is responsible for overseeing and carrying out all of the nursing responsibilities involved with maintaining a comprehensive home care license.
- Ensure the ongoing satisfaction, quality, and safety of existing clients through regular contact, in conjunction with designated quality assurance home visits for clients who specifically receive nursing delegated comprehensive services.
- The position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment regarding significant matters of quality assurances/clinical management/risk management and training of the CAREGiversSM for Home Instead Senior Care.
- A clear understanding of RN regulations and responsibilities for delegation to an unlicensed caregiver.
- This is an hourly position.
Home Care Nurse Essential Job Qualifications:
- Assist with the medication and other comprehensive clinical services
- Comfortably delegate nursing tasks as outlined in the Minnesota Administration Rules
- A clear understanding of the rules and regulations regarding delegating nursing tasks to both other licensed and non-licensed employees
- Maintain a current, non-restricted Registered Nursing License in the state of Minnesota
- 1 or more years of nursing experience, including delegation and management of employees
- Experience in home care is preferred
Home Care Nurse Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be in good physical condition and have the ability to lift 25 pounds, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling and carrying
- OK with periodic contact with dog and cat hair, dust, mold, mildew, smoke and cleaning solutions
- Must have the availability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting and in the field