Clinical Supervisor Position Overview:
This position will assist the program manager with the day-to-day operations of our Intensive Residential Treatment Services. The position will provide leadership and clinical oversight, including program development, clinical supervision and assisting individuals served to identify their personal goals and ensure resource needs are met and coordinated, creating an environment for recipients to live self-directed and satisfying lives.
Clinical Supervisor Position Specifications:
A. Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Independent living skills such as financial, physical, and primary self-sufficiency needs.
- Mental illnesses and chemical health issues.
- Social service and community resources.
- Acute mental health, housing, and social crisis
- Program service delivery concept which supports the agency mission.
- Written and oral communication including facilitation of meetings and documentation.
- Identifying and assessing a wide variety of recipient needs.
- Interviewing: obtain information through listening, questions, observation, interpretation, assessing reactions, and responding appropriately.
- Relationship building that affects socialization, communication, trust, and skill.
- Organization and time management
- Work and coordinate with a team of providers.
- Coordinate the work of the program staff, determine priorities, and assign staff resources.
- Assess an individual’s potential for self-injury or injury of others.
- Identify the essential factors in a situation and implement an appropriate solution.
- Establish rapport and trust with adults with serious mental illness.
- Be flexible and adapt to changing conditions in the workplace.
- Demonstrate genuine compassion and respect for people.
- Promote an inclusive, diverse, culturally competent and respectful work environment.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with community service providers.
- Work independently and recognize when supervision is needed.
- Meet deadlines and prioritize daily.
- Recognize and identify active symptoms of mental illness and / or chemical health.
Clinical Supervisor Required Skills:
Clinical Supervisor/Team Leader shall be qualified as follows:
- Holds a Master’s degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields,
- Has at least 2,000 hours of post-master’s supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of mental illness, or
- The Team Leader is in pursuit of licensure in one of the following areas: LICSW, LPCC, or LMFT.
Clinical Supervisor Preferred Skills:
- Mental Health Professional designation.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience and work experience in psychosocial rehabilitation.
- The ability to lift and carry weights that could be up to or even exceed 10 pounds.
- The ability to provide on-call supervision during seven consecutive days and nights.