.LPN/CMA POSITION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for assisting our medical providers by maintaining daily clinic visits, assisting and supporting primary RN and team with clinic staff to maintain clinic flow, prompt responses to patient needs.
LPN/CMA JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in providing comprehensive cardi
- Assist in providing comprehensive cardiac care in clinic environment.
- Assist with daily clinic visits, rooming patients, recording weight.
- Assist in recording patient medical history when necessary.
- Prepare and maintain exam and treatment areas.
- Prepare, explain, and assist with explaining procedures and treatments to patients.
- Perform ECG tracings, understanding and instructing of standard clinic response to each rhythm.
- Provide patient instruction, placement, and removal of Holter
- Demonstrate the ability to work with confidential information.
- Provide detailed education and explanation of purpose, function, instructions and potential side effects of medications. Utilize handout tools.
- Review physician discharge orders with patients.
- Team with RN to schedule ordered tests and procedures.
- Work with RN for providing a detailed plan of care including explanations and educational resources regarding orders, medications, and tests/procedures.
- Team with RN to provide patients with test results, assess and evaluate patients' understanding.
LPN/CMA POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Minnesota LPN License OR Graduate of an accredited medical assistance program.
- Cardiology experience is desired, but not required.
- Flexibility to handle several duties simultaneously required.
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate required.
- Ability to work varied hours, including participating in the weekend rotation every eighth weekend.
- Must be able to travel between locations.
- Experience with electronic medical records.