Currently recruiting Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) in San Diego, California, to provide care for the families of active duty American heroes at Naval Medical Center San Diego. The PICU RN will work six 12-hour shifts and one 8-hour shift every two weeks. PICU RN will be required to work Federal holidays (rotated).
DUTIES OF THE PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
• Assess each patient and perform triage duties as assigned.
• Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
• Evaluate effectiveness of self-care given by all health team members, and contribution of systems, environment, and instrumentation in progressing patient toward outcomes.
• Provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient release.
• Identify patient/significant other learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet identified needs.
• Assist in planning, provide clinical direction and provide instruction to LPNs/LVNs, nursing assistants and ancillary personnel.
• Depending upon fluctuating workload, PICU RN may be assigned temporarily to Pediatric or NICU departments.
• Perform procedural IV sedation, continuous IV medication drips, central lines, arterial lines, invasive ventilators, intraventricular drains and monitors, chest tubes, enteral feeds.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
• Possess and maintain certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
• Possess a minimum of two years of experience within the last five years in an inpatient pediatric ward setting.
• Current unrestricted license to practice as an RN from any state
• Possess a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or an Associate Degree in Nursing or a Diploma from a Nursing Program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
• Eligible to receive a security clearance
• Must be U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
BENEFITS OF THE PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
• 10 days paid vacation per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 days paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance
• Vision, Dental, and 401(k) plans available
• Competitive compensation
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP. The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability