Great opportunity for a Critical Care/ICU Nurse Manager in the Silicon Valley area of California.
Schedule: FT/Days (Rotating weekends)
Responsibilities of the Critical Care/ICU Nurse Manager
- Manages the daily operations and staff functions on the ICU, overseeing the ICU patients’ continuum of care from entry to discharge to ensure all patient care needs are being meet.
- Primary patient population served include those admitted for acute neurological incidents, acute respiratory failure, MI, acute GI bleed, electrolyte imbalance, trauma, and patients post drug overdose; the patient population ranges in age from older adolescent to geriatric (14-99).
- The position works collaboratively with medical staff, other departments, departmental staff, and serves in a leadership role.
Requirements of the Critical Care/ICU Nurse Manager
- BSN or related degree; Preferred: MSN or related degree
- Current CA nursing license
- 5 years experience in a cardiovascular, trauma, or neurosurgical ICU (or related unit). Demonstrated progressive leadership or clinical ladder roles/positions.
- 3-5 years managerial or supervisory experience. Five years ICU nursing with emphasis on trauma, neurosurgical, or cardiovascular care preferred
- BLS, ACLS; CCRN, TNCC preferred
This facility is an acute care facility located in the Silicon Valley surrounded by mountains and close to beautiful beaches.