Great opportunity for a Telemetry Nurse Manager in the southern area of California.
This is a full time position with no weekends
Responsibilities of the Telemetry Nurse Manager
- The Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for planning, supervising, and evaluating the care of patients to ensure comprehensive and continuous care for each patient/family in the unit and shift of responsibility. This involves management and responsibilities for diverse categories of personnel for patient care. The Nurse Manager position requires in-depth productivity management, knowledge of management principles, communication, teaching/learning principles, nursing practice, and the ability to apply nursing theories. Acceptance of the philosophy and policies of the nursing unit and of the institution are essential.
- The position requires skill in interpersonal communication, group dynamics, problem solving, delegation, interviewing, observation, counseling, and teaching.
- The Nurse Manager must evaluate personnel, assess environment, and determine priorities for care in order to plan, implement, and evaluate outcomes of care.
Requirements of the Telemetry Nurse Manager
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Nursing required or enrolled. Masters Degree preferred
- Valid California RN license.
- Minimum 1 year in an acute care management position, 2 YEARS PREFERRED;
- MUST have recent experience as a Telemetry Nurse and Acute care hospital experience in hospital of similar size
This facility is a full service acute care hospital in the southern area of CA and has recognized as a Top Performing Hospital and has invested in a new campus expansion project that includes a new 7 story patient tower, 3 story medical office building, and a recently completed 5 level state of the art parking garage