We are hiring for a qualified civilian Registered Nurse, post-anesthesia care unit (PACU RN) to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.
• Status: Full-Time
• Schedule: Monday – Friday, between the hours of 5:00am – 9:00pm
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401k Plan
The Registered Nurse PACU RN must have the following qualifications:
• Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or as otherwise identified
• In addition: Bachelor’s Degree in nursing and a license in good standing
• Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Requirements: Health care providers registered or certified by national/medical associations shall continue to meet the minimum standards for CNE to remain current as prescribed in AFI 41-117, Medical Service Officer Education
• Certification: In addition to Basic Life Support, current certification in BLS, ACLS and PALS is mandatory
• Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required, license cannot be under investigation nor have any adverse action pending from a Nursing State Board or national licensing/certification agency
• Board Certification: Board certification in Peri-Anesthesia is highly desired
• Shall meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as a PACU Nurse
• In addition - Experience as a PACU Nurse for at least 12 months, which can include having worked full or part time and:
• At least 3 years total nursing experience in an intensive care setting or medical- surgical inpatient unit
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required
• Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.