Great opportunity for a Nurse Director of Case Management in the Silicon Valley area of California.
Full time – no weekends
Offering Competitive Salary plus annual bonus and relocation assistance
Responsibilities of the Nurse Director of Case Management
- Under general supervision, the Director of Case Management will direct the case management program, including the functions of case management, utilization management, and discharge planning for the Hospital. The Director of Case Management is responsible for coordinating those systems necessary for safe and appropriate discharge as well as utilization management practices that meet all corporate, facility and regulatory guidelines.
- The director assesses and evaluates the care/services rendered, staffing levels, competency and educational needs of the case management staff and effectively coordinates and controls resources.
- The Director provides consultation and education to facility leadership, clinical and financial personnel, the Board of Trustees, and medical staff members related to case management including utilization management and discharge planning practices.
- The Director oversees the annual review of the Case Management/Utilization Management Plan of the hospital.
- The Director will identify and implement processes that support and promote efficient patient throughput across the HealthCare continuum resulting in optimal clinical outcomes, appropriate utilization of resources and appropriate & accurate reimbursement.
Requirements of the Nurse Director of Case Management
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing and/or other Bachelors Degree in Health Care field; (BSN, BS in Healthcare)
- Current CA nursing license
- Minimum - 5 years health care experience, 2 years Director or Supervisory/Management experience required; Health care regulatory and accreditation requirements; Preferred - 5 years’ experience in Case Management preferred
- Must have Nurse Management experience in Case Management
- National Certification in Case Management or equivalent preferred (CCM or ACM); certification in Case Management and/or Utilization Management or equivalent preferred
This facility is an acute care facility located in the Silicon Valley surrounded by mountains and close to beautiful beaches.