Patient Account Representative I - Sulphur Springs 75482
CHRISTUS Mother Frances TMFHS
115 Airport Road Sulphur Springs 75482
Assignment Length: 12 Weeks
Monday-Friday 8 hour days 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Hours Guaranteed: 40
Years Experience Required: 1
EMR Used: EPIC
Dress Code: Business Professional
Submission: resume and PROOF of EDUCATION( Diploma, transcript or GED)
- Maintains an understanding of assigned payor rules and requirements for billing.
- Works daily electronic billing file and submits insurance claims to payors. Reviews payors edits and makes necessary corrections to
allow for accurate claim submission.
- Monitors claim rejections for trends and issues reporting findings to team lead/leader
- Documents billing and follow-up activity on the patient account
- Participates in staff training to increase understanding of specific payor requirements as well as general billing and follow-up processes
- Adheres to productivity measures as outlined by management.
- Adheres to quality assurance measures as outlined by management
- Maintains an understanding of EPIC within the scope of the job performed
- Works with the assigned payor to achieve account resolution
- Reports to management any trends regarding denial activity.
- Other duties as assigned to support Business Office operations