Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) in Fayetteville, North Carolina, to work in the Medical Laboratory at Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg. Full-time positions, Mon - Sat, between 0600 - 1800, to include holidays. Shifts are normally 8 hours. On occasion there may be a requirement for services to be provided on a Sunday.
DUTIES OF THE MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (MLT):
- Perform a full range of clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of waived and moderate complexity testing in various laboratory sections. To include but not limited to: hematology, chemistry, microbiology and blood bank.
- Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verify correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement corrections. Obtain analytical data, convert to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Prepare specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for mail out.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (MLT):
- Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- 1 year of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician after graduation.
- Must be U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability