New opening for a Medical Technologist-Generalist in the Northeast area of Nevada in the Central Basin area.
Shift: Evening from 12:30 pm to 11:00 pm/4 ten-hour days per week, alternating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities of the Medical Technologist-Generalist:
- Performs standard routine, complex, automated and manual lab techniques without direct supervision; insures proper functioning of lab equipment by performing preventative and corrective maintenance, and troubleshooting basic instrument malfunctions; calibrates and assesses the accuracy of lab equipment.
- Performs, evaluates, and records quality control measures and institutes corrective action as appropriate; assists in maintaining inventory and supplies; performs phlebotomy using age specific techniques; collects, prepares and determines acceptability of specimens; prioritizes assignment of test results and coordinates general workflow; recognizes normal, abnormal or unexpected results, errors and problems with patient test results; evaluates, interprets and reports test results; observes principles of data security/patient confidentiality.
- Assists in training of new assistants and technologists; supervises Laboratory Assistants; assists in evaluation of new methods and equipment; interacts with other healthcare workers to solve problems and interpret patient lab results; attends and participates in department meetings; and, performs other duties as assigned.
Requirement of the Medical Technologist-Generalist:
- Successful completion of National Registry Exam for Medical Technologist such as ASCP.
- Must meet requirements for certification as a NV General Laboratory Supervisor.
- 3 years of generalist experience.
The city sits at an elevation of 5,060 feet. This high desert community experiences four mild annual seasons. Fall is spectacular, heralding in warm days and cool evenings. Winter months bring average high temperatures between 37-43 degrees with lows averaging between 25-31 degrees. Spring months bring warmer temperatures accompanied by cool nights. During the warm summer months the average high falls between 80-90 degrees. The annual average is less than 10 inches. The dry climate provides a moderate climate, making it an ideal year-round vacation spot to experience a variety of recreations and outdoor sports.