Great opportunity for a Nurse Director of Medical Surgical just south of Nashville, TN.
Offering Competitive Salary with annual bonus
Responsibilities of the Nurse Director of Medical Surgical
- The Director of the Medical/Surgical Unit will oversee the Medical/Surgical department's activities and resources.
- Manage and coordinate Med/Surg unit.
- Direct and supervise functions and activities
- Interpret policies, procedures, standards, regulations as is appropriate to personnel, medical staff, patients and public
- Perform nursing duties as needed.
- Direct, coordinate, and administer the operations and activities of the department in order to effectively achieve the organization’s established goals
- Assess and evaluate care/services provided, staffing levels, competence and educational needs of all employees and effectively coordinate and control resources.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and development and implementation of organizational and departmental policies/procedures.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service, projects and committees as assigned.
- Displays proven servant leadership attributes with co-workers and colleagues, customers, physicians, and employees. Participates in, and is engaged in, leadership activities that serve employees, such as the Service Excellence Team (SET).
- Represents the facility in community activities in a positive and professional manner.
Requirements of the Nurse Director of Medical Surgical
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- Current and active Registered Nurse License in the State of Tennessee or must be able to obtain a TN license.
- At least 3 years of Nurse management experience in an acute care hospital.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
This acute care facility is located south of Nashville and situated among the rolling, green hills of southern Middle Tennessee. The facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and the Society of Chest Pain Centers.