Great opportunity for a Operating Room Charge Nurse just north of Kansas City, MO.
Full time, variable shifts; Shift will be 630a-7p Mon-Fri and days may vary. No call / no weekends
Responsibilities of the Operating Room Charge Nurse
- Serves as the lateral integrator for the health care team on each unit who facilitates, coordinates, and oversees care within the microsystems and in collaboration with the macrosystem. T
- he Charge Staff Nurse roles varies across practice settings, but is practiced at the point of care, following a cohort of patients with a focus on evidence based practice, safety, quality risk reduction and cost containment.
- The Charge Staff Nurse may be required to work in other areas according to skill of staff and acuity of patients. They take responsibility for managing coworkers in the work environment and oversee team work, throughput, promoting professional development, and supporting novice nurses. They will provide exceptional service to all patients and customers all while maintaining a role model status.
Requirements of the Operating Room Charge Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; Associates degree required
- Nursing license in Missouri
- Experience in circulating and scrub
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the Operating room
- Experience as a Charge Nurse required
- ACLS, BLS
This facility is committed to providing the best and safest care, while creating a warm, inviting environment for our patients, family members and caregivers. Their innovative life-care model combines traditional health care and a focus on key life elements that affect overall wellness