Great opportunity for a Progressive Care Unit Nurse in the Tallahassee, Florida area.
This is a fast pace and challenging unit, must be willing to care for COVID patients; PCT support on unit
- Days and Night openings: 7a-7p or 7p-7a with alternating weekends.
Responsibilities of the Progressive Care Unit Nurse
- The Progressive Care Unit is a 44 bed unit that provides intermediate level inpatient care to adult and geriatric patients.
- All beds have telemetry capabilities and patients are monitored unless otherwise ordered by the MD.
- Mechanisms are in place to monitor patients in transport and during procedures in ancillary departments.
- Two negative pressure rooms are available for those patients whose condition requires respiratory isolation.
- PCU is designed for patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided in the critical care units, but require a higher level of monitoring than provided on the medical-surgical units.
Requirements of the Progressive Care Unit Nurse
- Associate Degree or BSN required
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
- Must have a minimum of one year short term or long term acute care nursing experience
- ACLS and BLS upon hire
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
This facility is an acute care hospital and is known for its extensive emergency care offerings, which feature a Pediatric Emergency Room, a Senior Care Emergency Room, and an Express Emergency Room.