Great opportunity for a Nurse Director of Labor & Delivery in the San Antonio area of Texas.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Director of Labor & Delivery
- The Director reports to the Senior Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer
- Responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
Requirements of the Nurse Director of Labor & Delivery
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school; Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- RN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas
- Three years recent RN acute care experience as well as Managerial experience in an acute care setting
- BLS Certification required
The facility prides itself on being a community hospital serving the city's north-side neighborhoods, as well as being equipped with some of the best technology and medical care professionals in the nation.