Great opportunity for an ICU Nurse in the San Antonio area of Texas.
- Offering Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance
- This is a full time position working days. 7A-7P
Responsibilities of the ICU Nurse
- Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psycho- social and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
- Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care. Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
Requirements of the ICU Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, Associates degree required,
- Nursing license in Texas
- Minimum of 2 year clinical experience as a licensed RN;
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience in the Intensive Care Unit in an acute care facility
- BLS Certification required
This facility is located 15 minutes from the heart of downtown and offers variety of services.