Great opportunity for a Surgical ICU Nurse in the San Antonio area of Texas.
- Day & Night openings with rotating weekends
- Offering Relocation Assistance and Sign On Bonus
Responsibilities of the Surgical ICU Nurse
- Assess, plan, and evaluate patient care needs
- Carry out physician orders
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs
- Provide respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients
- Serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instruct and educate patients and families.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
Requirements of the Surgical ICU Nurse
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
- Current RN License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Recent experience in an acute care setting
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
This facility is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas community because of their outstanding team of nurses, medical professionals and physicians.