Great opportunity for a Operating Room Nurse in the northern area of Illinois and just miles from the Wisconsin border.
- 8 hour shifts, generally 7-3:30, must be flexible with cases. On-call, call-in is required. Call is from 3pm – 7am Mon-Fri and 24hrs on the weekends.
- Offering Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance
Responsibilities of the Operating Room Nurse
- Assessing patient status and recognize any changes in patients condition, take appropriate action and revise care accordingly.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and supply inventory.
- Assisting Surgeons when necessary
- Working, along with surgical technicians, to assist surgeons, in all specialties.
- Provide education and information to surgical patients and families.
- Call Requirements
Requirements of the Operating Room Nurse
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing' Associates degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Nursing License in Illinois
- 2+ yrs with general OR exp. , must live close enough to meet the 30 min call requirement.
About the facility:
This facility is a community healthcare provider that has several locations for imaging, patient therapy, and physician practices.
Located half-way between Chicago and Milwaukee – two great cities for baseball, football, and summer outdoor festivals and concerts (i.e. Great American, Ravinia Musical Fest, Summerfest in Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs & White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Bears and more!