Great opportunity for a Laboratory Director in the Northeast area of Nevada in the Central Basin area.
Offering Relocation Assistance/ Sign On Bonus
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Director
- The Laboratory Director is responsible for the direction and effective operation of the Laboratory Department which includes planning, controlling and monitoring operational performance of the Laboratory; ensuring compliance with departmental and administrative policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with JCAHO, state and federal regulatory agencies; ensuring compliance with the College of American Pathologists standards and performance of surveys; developing/monitoring quality control programs; developing/monitoring continuous quality improvement, and participating in interdepartmental quality management; and ensuring quality and timeliness of patient test results by investigating problems involving specimen collection.
Requirements of the Laboratory Director
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related science discipline required. Master’s preferred.
- Certifications: Required MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP) or equivalent
- NV State Supervisor’s License required (or able to obtain before starting to work).
- 6 years technical bench level, at least 3 years Laboratory Leadership experience required in Hospital Setting.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
The city sits at an elevation of 5,060 feet. This high desert community experiences four mild annual seasons. The dry climate provides a moderate climate, making it an ideal year-round vacation spot to experience a variety of recreations and outdoor sports.