Great opportunity for a Operating Room Nurse in the Tallahassee, Florida area.
- 2nd shift (M-F): 12-8, 3-11; call required:on call about 7 days a month.
- must live within 30 minutes of the facility when on call.
Responsibilities of the Operating Room Nurse
- Surgical Services provides preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care for adult and pediatric patients, (no less than 3 months or 10 lbs). Procedures performed in the Operating Room include general, ENT, oral, thoracic, vascular, urological, orthopedic, gynecological, cardiovascular and neurosurgical.
- Cases are pre-scheduled elective, urgent, and emergent.
- General, regional, moderate and local anesthesia is available.
- Patient care is provided under the direction of a nursing director, with responsibility and authority to carry out all established policies, and for providing overall direction in the quality, safety, and appropriateness of patient care provided.
Requirements of the Operating Room Nurse
- Associate Degree or BSN required
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
- Minimum 1 year previous operating room nursing experience
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
- CNOR preferred
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
This facility is an acute care hospital and is known for its extensive emergency care offerings, which feature a Pediatric Emergency Room, a Senior Care Emergency Room, and an Express Emergency Room.