Currently seeking a Emergency Room Nurse in the south central area of Virginia.
Mid shifts available (10a-10p and 12N-12 midnight) and night shifts
Offering Sign On Bonus
Responsibilities of the Emergency Room Nurse
- Assumes principle responsibility for total care of assigned patients in the respective unit. Responsible for the processes of assessment, reassessment, establishment of nursing diagnoses, formulation of the written plan of care,
- implementation of care, and evaluation of care. Initiates health care training and education to the patient/family as required while supporting and fostering the goals of the Department of Nursing.
- Demonstrates awareness of ongoing needs of the unit and provides leadership and direction to other team members in maintaining optimal standards of nursing care. Accountable for the supervision of other licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel for assigned unit.
- Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability to work all shift patterns including weekends and holidays to insure continuity of care and appropriateness of nursing coverage to the patients of the hospital on all units.
- Responsible for providing care to all of the patient population with consideration to age –specificity and diagnosis.
Requirements of the Emergency Room Nurse
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from the Virginia State Board of Nursing or a Compact state.
- Graduation from a school of nursing
- Previous experience in acute care hospital setting preferred.
- CPR and ACLS certification required. PALS and BLS preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the ED
About the facility and the Area:
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day's drive of two-thirds of the nation's population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City's rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!