Currently seeking a Ultrasound/Vascular Tech in the south central area of Virginia.
Responsibilities of the Ultrasound/Vascular Tech
- Able to perform all essential General, OB, Small Parts, Special Procedure and Vascular Ultrasound procedures per protocol for all age groups including: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Interacts professionally with patients, patient’s family, physicians, physician’s offices, and other departments throughout the hospital to ensure the appropriate and highest quality of patient care.
- Maintains Continuing Education credits as required by ARDMS or ARRT.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled.
- Is familiar with the RIS and PACS systems.
- Monitors departmental activities to ensure accuracy and efficiency of procedures.
- Provides care appropriate to the condition and age of the patient.
- Is familiar with and follows HIPAA regulations to ensure patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills.
- Reading and vision required to interpret requisition, set up equipment, interpret and manipulate on-screen commands.
Requirements of the Ultrasound/Vascular Tech
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Registered by ARDMS or ARRT in Ultrasonography and/or Vascular
- Must be proficient in general/OB-GYN/vascular ultrasound. Experience in echocardiography preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience.
- Ability to work varied shifts and take call on a rotating schedule required.
- BLS required
About the facility and the Area:
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day's drive of two-thirds of the nation's population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City's rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!