Great opportunity for a Medical Surgical Telemetry Nurse in the Southwestern area of VA, close to the TN boarder and about an hour from Roanoke.
Responsibilities of the Medical Surgical Telemetry Nurse:
- Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients.
- The RN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients of all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status. He/she must interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age and specific needs and to provide care in accordance with physician orders, the Joint Commission standards, OSHA regulations, nursing and departmental policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Medical Surgical Telemetry Nurse :
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact Licensure as an RN
- One year of nursing experience working on a medical surgical telemetry care unit
- BCLS certification required within 30 days of date of hire.
- ACLS, PALS Certifications required within one year from date of hire.
The town is located in the Blue Ridge Highlands region of Virginia. It's beautiful landscape includes lush forests, an abundance of water, fields, rolling hills and surrounding mountains