Great opportunity for a Medical Lab Technician just northeast of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Shift- 3pm-11pm alternating every other weekend.
- Offering Sign On Bonus with one year commitment
Responsibilities of the Medical Lab Technician
- Under the general supervision of the Administrative laboratory director and Medical Director, the Medical Technologist performs laboratory procedures in a timely and accurate manner according to established hospital policies and departmental procedures.
- Performs manual and automated routine blood tests. Prepares specimens for microscope examination. Operates laboratory equipment including centrifuges, dry bath incubators, and blood bank refrigerators. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to supervisor or manager.
Requirements of the Medical Lab Technician
- Associate of Science degree in biology, chemistry, or related sciences.
- Tennessee state license and ASCP certification or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred.
This facility is accredited by The Joint Commission and offers a full range of health care services, including a 7,000 square-foot, 24-hour emergency care unit.