Great opportunity for a Surgical Technologist just north of Kansas City, MO.
10-hour shifts. Will not work alone. Call 5-6 times per 4-week schedule period both weekday and weekend. Occasional off shift (weekend, night)
Offering Sign On Bonus
Responsibilities of the Surgical Technologist
- • Assumes responsibility for setting up and passing instruments, labeling medications, holding retractors, assisting the surgeon, and assists with circulating duties as necessary. Applies and maintains principles of asepsis and infection control skillfully.
• Assists in preparing the operating room for procedure, obtaining needed equipment and supplies. Maintains working knowledge of assembly and function of surgical instrumentation and equipment.
• Completes required sponge, needle and instrument counts following policy/procedure.
• Anticipates the needs of equipment and instruments by the surgeon during an operation utilizing physician preference cards. Researches information of surgical procedure as needed.
• Handles and cares for surgical specimens according to policy/procedure.
• Prepared the operating room for the next procedure by utilizing proper cleaning techniques and returning equipment to designated area.
• Assists with positioning, prepping, draping of the patient, and with transfer of the patient to and from the operating room. Applies surgical dressings.
• Practices within limitations of preparation and experience and maintains continuing education relative to practice. Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others (example: students, orientees).
• Takes mandatory stand-by call to ensure 24/7 capabilities of OR.
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements of the Surgical Technologist
- Certification as a Surgical Tech
- Two years scrubbing experience required
This facility is committed to providing the best and safest care, while creating a warm, inviting environment for our patients, family members and caregivers. Their innovative life-care model combines traditional health care and a focus on key life elements that affect overall wellness