Great opportunity for a Acute Care Nurse in the Smokey Mountain area of Tennessee.
- This is a day shift position working 10 hour shifts
- Offering Sign On Bonus
Responsibilities of the Acute Care Nurse
- Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
Requirements of the Acute Care Nurse
- Associate’s degree in Nursing is required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is preferred.
- RN License in the State of TN or another compact state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains you’ll find a place known as “The Friendly City.” The downtown area features a host of boutiques, antique stores and specialty shops. There are also four shopping centers located in the area. Education is an important priority for this town. There are five schools in the City School System and several four-year colleges in the area.