Currently recruiting a Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) in Oceanside, California. to provide care for Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees in the Medical Home Port (Family Health) at Marine Base Camp Pendleton. This position involves . The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) position is full-time, Monday - Friday, normally between the hours of 6:00AM - 6:00PM, with excellent benefits. The LVN/LPN may be assigned to other clinic locations within the primary assigned Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton local commuting area.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE/LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE:
- Utilize available automated programs and information technology, communication and management tools for proactive patient management and to facilitate patient engagement and enhance patient experience ((i.e., AHLTA, TSWF, CHCS, CarePoint, and Secure Messaging).
- Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging (i.e., Change Healthcare) to improve communication and facilitate care.
- Participate in Medical Home Port Team huddles/meetings each day to review scheduled appointments, identify MHP/MCMH Team requirements (i.e., supplies and equipment and staff support issues related to the day’s scheduled appointments) and scheduled patient requirements (i.e., scrubbing the schedule to identify diagnostic procedures or medical readiness requirements that may be ordered or prepared before the patient appointment).
- Prepare patient electronic health record and other appropriate forms prior to patient’s appointment.
- Assist the MCMH team in managing many aspects of patient’s care: referrals, hospitalizations, ER visits, ancillary testing, and other aspects of patient care; as directed, to achieve optimum outcomes in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Develop/distribute lists of community resources available to patients.
- Establish and maintains a relationship with consulting providers, hospitals, ERs and other frequently utilized healthcare resources to serve as a bridge across the continuum for the patient.
- Coordinate consult/referral/ follow-up/tracking process for the patients.
- Coordinate continuity of care with patient to insure compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE/LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing educational program.
- Possess and maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as an LPN/LVN in any one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time clinical experience within the last 2 years as a LPN/LVN.
- LVN is required to provide 3 reference letters, one from a supervisor and 2 from peers with a date, full name and address of the person writing the reference letter. The reference letter must be primary source verified and within the past two years that attests to the candidate’s competency as pertaining to the position they are applying for.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- 17 days paid vacation/sick leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare allowance offsets cost of health, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability