Currently seeking a Nurse Director of Perioperative Services in southeastern Arizona.
The responsibilities of the Nurse Director of Perioperative Services
- The director is responsible for integrating their department's services (Pre-op, Post-op, Inpatient Surgery, Outpatient Surgery, PACU, Sterile Processing, Special Procedures, Scheduling, Pain Clinic) with the hospitals primary functions.
- The director coordinates and integrates services within their department(s) and with other departments. The director develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services. The director recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care/service and assures the qualifications and competence of those staff members meet the needs of patient care and non-patient care services.
- The director coordinates the resources for orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all persons in their department(s). The director continuously assesses and improves their department's performance and maintains appropriate quality control programs. The director recommends space and other resources needed by the department and participates in selecting outside resources needed by their department(s). The director is an available resource for the patients, staff, physicians and administration.
The requirements of the Nurse Director of Perioperative Services
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelors degree in Nursing required, Masters degree preferred.
- Nursing license in Arizona
- A minimum of 3 years of Operating Room Nursing Management experience in a hospital setting.
- Complies with legal, hospital and departmental policies, procedures and position requirements.
About the area:
Discover soaring mountain peaks under extraordinary skies, rich history, and room to roam. With 275 days of sunshine and a temperate climate, the city is a year 'round destination for outdoor adventure, authentic history, and global cuisine. The city is located just over an hour from Tucson, AZ. Looking to discover mountain peaks and cool canyons, military history and ghost towns, wildlife watching and award winning wines? This is the place for you!