We have great full and part time openings for caring Home Health Aides in the south metro area of the Twin Cities, MN. Assisted living for behavioral health and medical needs residents. One full-time 2nd shift 2-10PM and part-time 6PM to 6AM overnight shifts with every other weekend are currently available. Apply today!
Home Heath Aide Job Summary:
This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated health-related services designed to maintain the resident’s physical and emotional well-being.
Home Health Aide Responsibilities:
- Assist resident with personal cares which may include all or some of the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering, rubbing with lotions, fingernail cares and foot cares if instructed to do so, medication administration, redirection of a confused resident, and other cares as assigned.
- Assist with dressing, grooming and oral cares as assigned.
- Assist in the use of hearing aids and glasses for residents.
- Help each resident to reach and maintain the highest level of independence.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the RN/DON per individualized care plan.
- Observe client and report changes in physical and emotional conditions.
- Medication administration/assistance as delegated by an RN.
- Prepare meals as directed following special meal plans if instructed.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration as instructed.
- Attend in-service training as assigned.
- Follows cleaning schedule per shift worked.
- Lead resident activities as scheduled and assigned.
Home Health Aide Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must understand and communicate using specialized medical terminology.
- Must be punctual, with a good attendance record.
- Promoted independence with residents offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Must be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Must work as a team member with other personnel, supervisor, and RN.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.