We are hiring for a qualified Nurse Practitioner-Acute Care (Cardiovascular NP) to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada.
• Status: Full-Time
• Schedule: Sunday to Saturday, 7:00am – 5:00pm or 5:00pm – 7:00am
• Competitive financial package
The Nurse Practitioner-Acute Care (Cardiovascular NP) must have the following qualifications:
• Degree: Master's degree in nursing
• Education: Graduate from an academic program, within the nursing specialty field of study that is accredited by a regional or national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
• Certifications: In addition to Basic Life Support: certification in Cardiac Care by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), and American Association of critical care nurses (AACN), American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR), or other recognized national nursing certification organization for the specialty area of practice as appropriate
• Basic Life Support (BLS) (Course C), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) through the American Heart Association or a Red cross-approved training program, course (cards must display the American Heart Association or Military Training Network emblem)
• Board Certification: Certification as a Cardiovascular Nurse Practitioner by the American Board of Cardiovascular Medicine (ABCM) is preferred but not required
• Licensure/Registration: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) must have and maintain throughout course of contract, a current, active, valid, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) from a US jurisdiction
• Experience: Have at least 12 months of experience as a Nurse Practitioner (Cardiology) working under a board certified Cardiologist
• Have at least 24 months experience as a NP within the last 36 months
• Experience in advanced clinical management of cardiology patients with a minimum of 6 months experience in the past 36 months
• Experience in caring for patients with cardiovascular disease, to include experience with rhythm disorders with a minimum of 6 months experience in the past 36 months
• Experience in caring for patients with electrophysiology (EP) procedures and\or pacemaker and ICD implantation with device follow-up management and acute coronary syndromes and percutaneous revascularization with a minimum of 6 months experience in the past 36 months
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United State, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.