Great opportunity for an Infection Prevention Nurse in the northwestern area of Wisconsin.
Full-time; Day Shift; 8:00A-4:30P
Responsibilities of the Infection Prevention Nurse
- Responsible for addressing prevention and control of infections throughout the facility, Chair of the Antibiotic Stewardship Committee, providing PPE don/doff instructions. Advises
- Administration of current prospective occupation health hazards and recommends plans of
- action to alleviate problems. Serves as a member of the Infection Control Committee,
- scheduling regular meetings for review of issues. Keeping current regarding new developments in the field of infectious disease. Provides health consultation to employees on matters of communicable disease. Ensures adherence to infection control procedures for the handling of all patients/residents blood and body fluids and all materials soiled with blood and/or body fluids.
- Defines practices to reduce the risk of transmission of airborne infectious agents; disseminates information to employees.
- This position requires special skills and knowledge in fields of infection control, health education and counseling, and environmental health. Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, possess critical thinking skills. Excellent communication and partnership skills.
Requirements of the Infection Prevention Nurse
- WI RN License
- Minimum 1 year experience in Infection Control; Infection Prevention Certification
- BLS Required & ACLS within 6 Months of hire
- Must pass drug screen and physical therapy evaluation at the time of hire
Paid Time Off, Double Pay On Holidays, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance (100% paid by BMC), Education Benefits, Short Term Disability (100% paid by BMC), Long Term Disability, Retirement Plan
This facility serves as a guideline for daily decision making and represents the principles and practices that we constantly apply. The comfort and care of our patients is a major focus of ours. We want to be your healthcare provider of "choice" - providing expert and cost effective care in a "hometown" atmosphere.