Currently seeking a Registered Nurse/ER, Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Cath Lab, Critical Care in the south central area of Virginia.
Both Day and Night openings.
Offering Sign On Bonus for most positions.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse/ER, Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Cath Lab, Critical Care
- Assumes principle responsibility for total care of assigned patients in the respective unit. Responsible for the processes of assessment, reassessment, establishment of nursing diagnoses, formulation of the written plan of care,
- implementation of care, and evaluation of care. Initiates health care training and education to the patient/family as required while supporting and fostering the goals of the Department of Nursing.
- Demonstrates awareness of ongoing needs of the unit and provides leadership and direction to other team members in maintaining optimal standards of nursing care. Accountable for the supervision of other licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel for assigned unit.
- Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability to work all shift patterns including weekends and holidays to insure continuity of care and appropriateness of nursing coverage to the patients of the hospital on all units.
- Responsible for providing care to all of the patient population with consideration to age –specificity and diagnosis.
Requirements of the Registered Nurse/ER, Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Cath Lab, Critical Care
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from the Virginia State Board of Nursing or a Compact state.
- Previous experience in acute care hospital setting preferred. Requirements will include successful completion of orientation checklist, pharmacology exam, and skills/credentials/competency requirements of specific unit.
BLS certification – if not current, training required. ACLS certification – if not current, will obtain with 1 year of hire..
About the facility and the Area:
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day's drive of two-thirds of the nation's population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City's rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!