Great opportunity for a Nurse Director of Women’s & Children’s Services in Southern Virginia.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Director of Women’s & Children’s Services
- This position assumes the leadership role of care within Women’s and Children’s Services. This position may require working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the patient care in the postpartum GYN, Labor and Delivery, Nursery, and Pediatric units, to include accountability for quality patient care, nursing staff performance and evaluation, budget development and management, staff development, education for staff and community.
- The director also identifies and addresses patients’ needs and priorities, and develops classes to meet these needs.
- Responsible for curriculum and keeping up to date on the changing needs of our patients and families. Promotes collaborative practice with other departments, physicians, and schools of nursing, and exhibits the ability to work with others, to find solutions to difficult technical or administrative problems.
Requirements of the Nurse Director of Women’s & Children’s Services
- Graduate from a program in nursing required; Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact State required
- Three (3) years’ of experience as a Manager/Director
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an acute hospital setting required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association (AHA) required
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) American Heart Association (AHA) required
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association (AHA)
Neonatal Resuscitation required
About the area:
This city is positioned on the southern border of Virginia. This thriving community is conveniently positioned within a day's drive to 60% of the U.S. population, and is strategically located within 50 miles of the major metropolitan areas of Roanoke, Virginia and Greensboro, North Carolina.