Great opportunity for a Cytotechnology Tech located about an hour from Spartanburg, SC and 45 minutes from Greenville, SC.
Responsibilities of the Cytotechnology Tech
- Assists the pathologists in the diagnostic cytological assessment of specimens.
- Performs tasks as specified in competency matrix following requirements of the quality management system.
- Maintains an operational knowledge of all equipment in the section.
- Participates in the quality improvement requirements of the laboratory’s quality management system.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize all applicable information systems.
- Assists with inventory control.
- ·Assumes responsibility for attaining required continuing education credits annually.
- ·Assists with training and evaluation of students and newly hired employees as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with test/procedure evaluation, implementation, and maintenance.
Requirements of the Cytotechnology Tech
- Baccalaureate Degree in Cytotechnology
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
- Experience as required and provided in the training program.
Just a two hour drive from two major metropolitan areas- Atlanta and Charlotte. Lake Hartwell is one of the largest and most popular lakes in the Southeast and is home to a number of state parks, public campgrounds, boat ramps and marinas.