Currently seeking a a Director of Respiratory Therapy/Sleep Lab/Cardiopulmonary Services in the southern area of Tennessee.
Offering Relocation Assistance
Responsibilities of the Director of Respiratory Therapy/Sleep Lab/Cardiopulmonary Services
- The Director of Respiratory, Cardiopulmonary and Sleep Lab is a registered Respiratory Therapist with clinical experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Directs the department's activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- This Director is a member of the leadership team and reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- He/she must be able to work collaboratively with all members of the leadership and health care team and must be able to effectively lead others.
- The Director of Cardiopulmonary and Sleep Lab Department including Respiratory Therapy, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab, Pulmonary will do function testing, holter monitor testing and Sleep Lab.
- This director is responsible for providing clinical and operational oversight to the areas managed and is responsible for ensuring the standards of care are met for the patients served.
- The Director of Cardiopulmonary/Sleep Lab is responsible for stress test process and works collaboratively with the Nuclear Medicine department to administer cardiac stress testing.
- This Director provides oversight to the EKG processes across the hospital as well as the ABG lab and works collaboratively with the Laboratory Director to ensure the ABG lab and the ABG processes meet standard of care and the laboratory regulatory requirements.
- The Director of Cardiopulmonary/Sleep Lab is a working manager and may provide direct or indirect patient care within the hospital.
Requirements of the Director of Respiratory Therapy/Sleep Lab/Cardiopulmonary Services
- Associate’s degree Required
- Graduate of a Program in Discipline Required
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience. Previous management or leadership experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP)
This city is home to a robust educational scene, including eight elementary schools, one middle school, three high schools, private education opportunities and college campuses. The county is also home to a thriving Amish community, and the town is recognized as the Birthplace of Southern Gospel Music. Festivals and celebrations abound throughout the year, including the Summertown Bluegrass Festivals and David Crockett Days. Nashville’s entertainment and cultural activities lie just 80 miles north.