Medical Doctor overview:
We are hiring an experienced Medical Doctor for a full-time position within our community based nonprofit clinic. Excellent opportunity to broaden one's scope of medical practice. This is ideal for a family Doc or a General Practitioner or Internal Medicine MD. Monday to Friday clinic hours with some on-call rotation. Excellent salary and benefits package. Apply today!
MEDICAL DOCTOR JOB DUTIES:
- Provide comprehensive individual and family health care for patients. These services may include health maintenance, acute and episodic care, management of chronic illness, patient education, obstetrics and periodic on-call duties.
- Maintain patient records, close encounters in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development of clinical protocols, policies and procedures.
- Provide the highest quality, most cost-effective patient care services in accordance with the State Medical Board and SCHS.
- Make sound decisions in the best interest of the patient, including knowing when to consult or refer patients.
- Provide client education to ensure that correct medical information is disseminated, proper medical services are rendered and the programs meet goals and objectives.
- Establish consulting & referral relationships with medical specialists so that patients receive the benefits of services not provided by the clinic.
- Supervise (precept) students in the clinic.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and committees.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MEDICAL DOCTOR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Confidence, professional judgment, and grace under pressure.
- Strong clinical, human relations and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility--nimble in response to an evolving workload.
- Ability to work with clients of varying ethnic backgrounds and socioeconomic status.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
MEDICAL DOCTOR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- A graduate of accredited School of Medicine.
- Board Certified MD or DO.
- Must have valid Minnesota License and be eligible for hospital privileges.
- Must maintain a current state certified physician licensure, DEA, and BLS/ACLS certification.