We have a temp full-time contract assignment at a local community health center. Gain new skills while working for a progressive nonprofit medical practice making a difference in community health outcomes. This is a 3-month assignment with the possibility of extending or converting to permanent.
NURSE PRACTITIONER JOB DUTIES:
- Provide comprehensive health care for patients. These services may include health maintenance, acute and episodic care, management of chronic illness, patient education, obstetrics and periodic on-call duties.
- Maintain patient records, close encounter within two regularly scheduled business days that the provider works, and complete forms, letters, disability and other forms so as to assist support staff in record upkeep.
- Work collaboratively with physicians and other health team members.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures.
- Make sound decisions in the best interest of the patient.
- Provide client education and participate in health education programs.
- Develop, review and enforce policies and procedures for a medical practice.
- Establish consulting and referral relationships with medical specialists.
- Supervise (precept) students in the clinic.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and committees.
NURSE PRACTITIONER TEMP KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Confidence, professional judgment, and grace under pressure.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility--nimble in response to an evolving workload.
- good rapport with clients of varying ethnic backgrounds and socioeconomic status.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Meet credentialing requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of standard medical procedures, medications and patient care.
NURSE PRACTITIONER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- APRN Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- RN plus national certification as a Nurse Practitioner (pediatric, women, family or adult).
- Current Minnesota registration and license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.